[lit-ideas] Re: Islam, Israel and the Code of the West

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:16:01 -0700

Lawrence writes:

Hezbollah was created by Khomeini to spread his revolution which he fully intended to sweep the Arab world. (...) This is pretty well known.

Not really. Hezbollah arose from Shiite extremists who were fighting Israel. Since they are Shiite, they got support and funding from Iran, but Iran didn't create them. They came together on their own. They continue to get support from Iran, but if that support were to stop, they would continue anyway. They are fighting against Israel.

Hamas, on the other hand, was created by Israel.

I don't care anymore about either side (or all five sides) in this. They don't really want peace, democracy, or whatever. They want war, because it lets them militarize. I feel sorry for the general population, who are the ones that get shot and bombed, while the generals laugh.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com