[lit-ideas] Re: Islam, Israel and the Code of the West

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:59:22 +0100

I've looked at the Irgun site, but I didn't expect to find any mention of its
terrorist status there. Did you?

And for me, this isn't about supporting Islamic militants/terrorists, it's
about making distinctions between cause and means.

Irgun blew up a hotel killing 92 people. Yes they gave a warning which wasn't
heeded, and yes the targets were predominantly military, but if that wasn't
terrorism I don't know what is. It also exploded bombs in Arab marketplaces
killings civilians.

Now you said in an early post that: "Terrorist organizations should be
exterminated, not dealt with diplomatically."

But now you're argiung that an organisation that blew up a hotel not to mention
exploding bombs in Arab markets and killing civilians was actually a guerilla
organisation. Oh and that times have changed.

For you it seems some causes justify terrorist methodologies. For me that
doesn't work.

Simon