[lit-ideas] Re: Islam, Israel and the Code of the West

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:24:27 +0100

I suppose it's expected now that Lawrence will seek to justify an action by
referring back to his simplified historical perspective. All too soon, the
argument degenerates into a muddled discussion about whose view of history is
correct and meanwhile the original point is forgotten.

So perhaps Lawrence can forget about how miffed he is and answer a simple
point.

Is the IDF justified in destroying Lebanon's infrastructure as a means of
getting back two prisoners of war?

Simon