[lit-ideas] Re: Islam, Israel and the Code of the West

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:45:47 -0700

I have read several books on Iran and the common viewpoint is that Hezbollah
was a creation of Khomeini.  His ambition was to export his revolution.
Hezbollah was one of the arms of this activity.  Every article I've read
recently describes Hezbollah as Iran-sponsored and armed.  How do you think
Hezbollah could have arisen independently in Lebanon, and why?  Khomeini had
a strong interest in Lebanon.  Musa al Sadr was sent to the Shia in Lebanon
in the late 70s and then was probably killed by Qhadaffi in 1978.  Musa al
Sadr is still venerated by the Shiite Lebanese.  Khomeini said that Musa al
Sadr was like a son that he had raised.  The Hezbollah of Lebanon was sent
to Lebanon.  It didn't arise independently as a result of something else.
It was not only sent, it was equipped and sponsored and paid by Iran.  One
of the books I read describes the planes and heavy equipment furnished to
Hezbollah while it was still in Iran.  As far as I know it still equipped
and paid by Iran.

Here is George Friedman of Stratfor saying that Hezbollah was created by the
Iranian Republican Guard in 1982:
http://www.stratfor.com/products/premium/read_article.php?id=260881

Hamas is an Islamist terrorist organization that subscribes to the teachings
of Sayyid Qutb per Andrea Nusse, Muslim Palestine, the Ideology of Hamas.
It was not created by Israel.

Lawrence