[lit-ideas] Re: Islam, Israel and the Code of the West

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:17:06 -0400

LH: I don't agree with the implication of moral equivalence.

I'm not talking about moral equivalence, I'm talking about the OTHER's notions of what morality is. The "terrorists" {to use a Western Term} believe that WE are evil and want to kill us. We think they are, and, *if they attack us*, we want to kill them.

But the trouble is, more and more, the mere 'threat' or 'percieved' threat is being legitimized as reason to be offensive under the cloak of being defensive. I have no qualms with killing them all -- the Earth ain't big enough for both of us, and since, I'm a member of 'us', let's kill 'them' -- in the words of Eric "annihilate, eradicate, wipe out, destroy" them; but let's not pretend we are still acting from a defensive standpoint. "We" clearly have an agenda and it is to kill those that _we_ have deemed "terrorists".

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada