[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:37:38 -0400

We caught the end of an old movie last night called The Red Shoes.  The
premise (I think) was that the ballerina had to either take the dancing job
or take the lover.  She solves the problem by throwing herself in front of
a train.  I'm sitting there thinking, geez, why isn't this stuff
negotiable?  And why does the bad guy's name have to be Lermontov?  At
least I like your choices.  Unfortunately, I don't drink tomato juice, too
much salt, and raw eggs are too slippery.  So, I'll have a teaspoon of
oregano and call it a day.  And you wait until Togo beats the pants off of
Germany.  Someday.