[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:56:17 -0400

Okay, I'll tell you about my bears. We had five visits of black bears this
week.  Twice yesterday, once with a smaller bear and around 7:00 last
evening two big ones came by.  So far none today.  The black bears are
almost as plentiful as deer now.  Black bears don't bother me.  They're
actually timid, even if not at all fearful of people.  I was chasing them
away, but I think I'll just leave them alone.  I like them, they're
beautiful.  Much more annoying are the birds, but I think the chicks might
be gone now, seems like all the commotion stopped.  I don't know whether to
leave their nests alone or dismantle them, since they'll just rebuild them.
These animals are so completely adapted to people.  They even seem to like
people, more than people like them anyway.  Even more than people like
people.  You knew I'd throw that in, you Leftist you.  Wait, no, I'm the
Leftist ...  What's a Leftist?  Someone who looks at the big picture.  Of
bears.  Yes, of bears.