[LRflex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:14:19 -0700

On 25/08/2005 at 8:48 PM Charles Cason wrote:

>Thanks David,
>I decided to purchase two of these lower priced adapters.  When you
>refer to the kerfs, are you talking about what looks like a slit in the
>bayonet?  Is this where you inserted the flat blade screwdriver?
>Charles

Yes, indeed, Charles.  The slots (kerfs) are it.  With luck, yours will=
 work, right out of the box.  But it's good to know what to do, if they=
 don't.  As Bob mentioned, he found that inserting tiny shims into the=
 slots, kept them from collapsing, and keep things running smoothly.  I=
 haven't yet found the need to to this.

Good luck, and have fun!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.