[LRflex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:19:25 -0700

Charles Cason inquired:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

>I just looked at the R lens to EOS body at Fotodiox at $90.  I want to
> order a couple of these but the image they show on their website for
> this adapter looks more like an extension tube.  I bought one Novoflex
> from B&H but they are too expensive.  Does this Fotodiox adapter look
> the same as the B&H?  I am having trouble switching this from lens to
> lens and so I thought I would try a cheaper version and just leave it on
> the lens.  Anyone doing this?<<<<

Hi Charles,
I use Stephen Gandy adapters http://www.cameraquest.com/  for his location.

I don't re-call the price but I have 3 adapters and they stay on the 3 most
used lenses and when I change a lens one comes off the other goes on. Sure
much easier than fiddling about switching adapters.

I mean it's bad enough not having 3 20D bodies with the lenses already on so
I can drop one camera and go with the other as the scene requires a quick
change.

I don't have any experience with the other adapters but with Stephen's I
have no complaint what so ever.

ted.