[LRFlex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: " Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:17:44 -0500

Ted, Steve, and others:

Please stay with me for just a second. I apologize if I have missed the essence of the previous discussion concerning the use of R lenses on the Canon 20D. Am I correct in offering that using the correct adaptor ( possibly from Steve ), that one can mount virtually any R lens on the Canon 20D ( and indeed, on virtually any other Canon SLR ) and, except for auto focus, have full function of the Canon 20D? I went to Steve's site, and he pointed that one has manual, aperture priority, and fill flash. Are there any other limitations? I do follow Ted's thoughts that one might consider, for convenience, utilizing an adaptor for each R lens one is considering using. Is that the only "limitation" ( auto focus is nix as well )? If so, then there is an entire new world now open to R users that would apparently very much threaten the new R digital back. Am I missing something? Again, sorry for asking some questions that obviously will rehash some old ground, but I was very much surprised that using our cherished and costly (! ) Leica R lenses on the Canon 20D with virtually full functionality was now possible.

Thanks for taking the trouble to help yet again.

Elliot
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>