[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:55:35 +0200

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:26:38 +0200, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Schülke wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:46:58 +0200, Michael Phipps <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyway - I think that the people in the US who might be interested and capable of helping are working too many hours already at their day jobs. Like me, for example.
 I think other, haiku os is opensource as we bsd ore linux.
Haiku inc have todo a job and when the people have not time ore fun then mast he play fair (fairplay)
and say, ok i cant do this. And we can look to other alternative.
A lot of people (developer and user) are spent time for haiku devlopment, for the most it is more then a hobby os ore a fun job. Also haiku inc is in time the orginasation behind this so far, so good ?

I'm not sure I completely understand your point, but I think you have a misunderstanding about what Haiku, Inc. actually is. It is simply a legal entity to hold Haiku copyrights and income/donations as an official non-profit organisation. It doesn't employ people. There is boring admin stuff that has to be done, and often it's hard to find volunteers to do that, and so that stuff gets left behind.
In defactor in time is not realy legal. The transition team switch is gone?
Is Haiku. inc Democatik ?
And KDE is non profit and other opensource too!
You can me understand ore not, i hope haiku inc make his job.
Also haiku inc make the Finacel reports and make finish the transition team switch.

I don't understand your apparent anger towards Haiku, Inc. when you are obviously an avid Haiku follower. I had the same feeling about all of the anger and abuse Luposian directed at the developers whilst claiming he really wanted Haiku to succeed.

Maybe the language barrier is getting in the way here. If you post about your concerns in German I'm sure someone will respond :)
Ok my english is not so good, but i will help.
Ralf

Simon

I will see, now i am go into me and thinking ...

Ralf