[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:21:05 -0700

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:48:59 +0200, Michael Phipps <
> michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  Incidentally, the first few WalterCon's were self supporting (or very
>> close to it). The org spent very little on them, except for things like the
>> projector (which, of course, Haiku, Inc. still has).
>>

> So look in the futures, When planing a WalterCon , look where the most
> Haiku developer living and then now start a regestration etc...

My first recommendation to Haiku back in 2006 was to move WC to Europe. The
answer was a resounding "no way"; but as it turns out, the inevitable is
happening (the demographics are overwhelming).

For all intent and purposes, BG is the de facto Haiku conference, and I
don't think that will change that, at least not for the foreseeable future,
if ever.

WC could come back to life as the US-based conference, but only to the
extent that the community in this part of the world shows interest in making
it happen; if there is indifference, then it will not happen.

Jorge