[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:50:12 -0400

The first WC lost about $500. The ones after that were a net gain (05) or close
to even (06). That's from my failing memory, though. I also *think* that some
of the t-shirt batch from the first WC were shirts that we sold later. So it
may not be as much of a loss as it seems.

As far as the artwork costs, that was something that made a lot of sense, given
the quality of artwork from the community back then. Now, y'all should make
Stippi do it. :-) The artwork was what made the t-shirts worth having. I don't
regret or think that anyone should regret that at all, although, again, if a
qualified volunteer could do it, that is all the better. :D

I can't speak to 2007's financial reports.