[haiku] Re: BeGeistert 021 - "What do you want go with your beer?"

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:29:12 +0200

Charlie Clark:

> I don't think we could physically place camera or microphone properly. And,
> as ever and I hope some of our veterans will confirm, BeGeistert is really
> about being there and taking part in discussions with your peers as it is
> about presentations.

I'd like to second that. It was the first thing that came to my head as
well.

Consider the presentations more like a "forum" than as a one-sided talk.
It's really about the interaction. The audience is usually aware of what is
being presented, however gets an update on the latest development. As a
result, many apt questions are asked even during the presentation, making it
all quite difficult to follow for those not in attendance. Additionally, a
steady (i.e., not handheld) camera would make it very boring/frustrating to
watch, because when someone asks a question, you usually turn your head, so
the camera should turn likewise. I don't suppose there is someone who wants
to hold a camera throughout all presentations all weekend.

The best alternative you can be offered is: read the summaries and
impressions by those who were there. I expect some of the people on this
very mailing list to be writing a very interesting story again, as they did
the previous events.

BeGeistert - Broaden your mind. Meet Haiku Developers. Go sightseeing. Drink
> beer and eat food. Become a better person.

That kind of sums it up indeed :-D

Eddy