[haiku] Re: BeGeistert 021 - "What do you want go with your beer?"

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:30:55 -0700

Hi Nicholas,

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 01:11 +0100, Nicholas Blachford wrote:
> > 2) Are there any plans to record the various presentations at BG 021
> > for post-event release online?
>
> I know it's about "being there" and all that but not everyone is
> there.  I personally think there's good value in being able to show
> presentations afterwards.

There is a lot of value actually.

> As for presentations being "interactive", this doesn't work for all
> presentations and certainly not all presenters - I personally find it
> very off-putting.
>
> I'll have a video camera and a tripod, both are going :-)

That's the spirit! The many Haiku fans out there that cannot attend
BeGeistert (including myself) will be grateful. :)

According to...

http://www.haiku-os.org/conference/2009/begeistert_021

...the following workshops/talks are planned for BG:

* Workshop: Debugging & Profiling
* Workshop: Layout Management
* Talk: WLAN under Haiku
* Talk: Haiku Status Report

It would be great if these could be recorded with your camera on a
tripod (no sophisticated camera work required).

And if you need any help editing prior to posting the videos on the web,
I am sure you could get some help.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki