[haiku] Re: BeGeistert 021 - "What do you want go with your beer?"

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:50:37 -0700

Hi Charlie,

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 23:35 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 13.10.2009, 18:28 Uhr, schrieb Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Talking about videos, a couple of questions:
> > 1) Could this video link from NZ be made available outside of BG, say,
> > through a service like USTREAM?
>
> No, even if we wanted to the uplink isn't good enough.

Could you at least try to capture the video feed for release after BG?

> > 2) Are there any plans to record the various presentations at BG 021
> > for post-event release online?
>
> At this moment know. The Haiku Support Association does not have enough
> resources to do this with sufficiently quality. In addition we're so busy
> this year - it's one of the busiest BeGeisterts ever - that I don't think
> we could physically place camera or microphone properly. And, as ever and
> I hope some of our veterans will confirm, BeGeistert is really about being
> there and taking part in discussions with your peers as it is about
> presentations.

Sure, but many other peers cannot be there, so I was hoping an attending
community member (not the busy members of HSA or the coding developers)
could setup a camera on a tripod and capture the talks/workshops that
have been announced. No sophisticated camera work or high quality
audio/video required.

Fortunately, as you must have seen by now, Nicholas Blachford has
volunteered to do this, so we are good. :)

Enjoy the gathering!

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki