[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: LECOQ Vincent <vincent.lecoq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:48:40 +0200

Calm down guys ;)
I think the base idea of haiku was to have a revival of the holy BeOS.
But where ?
 - In the userland only ? to have all the cool beAps working natively
linked to a libBeOs.so on an other OS or by a wrapping like a wine way ?
 - In the kernel land ? to have a cool OS isofunctionnal with BeOS 5 or 6 ?
(I think Haiku have overtake the line, BeOS was unable to use correctly any
 networks as example)
 - In the spirit of BeInc ? have a cool OS stronger faster better easyer
for the users ?

Apple was in front on the same choice for Rapsodhy.

Haiku is already better thant beOS have never be on many points, its an
excellent and impressive  project.
BeOs is dead, long life to haiku.
But Haiku dont boot yet on my laptop :/

--