[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:28:47 +0200

Hi,

Am 18.08.2014 18:24, schrieb Sia Lang:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx
<mailto:superstippi@xxxxxx>> wrote:
    Am 18.08.2014 17:38, schrieb Sia Lang:
        On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Augustin Cavalier
        <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
             I'm willing to bet you wrote it on top of Qt or GTK (or
        maybe even
             X11), no? You didn't start from scratch to do it "the right
        way" as
             we did.

        Starting from scratch isn't the right way. Building on top of
        Weyland
        is, so I did.

    Good on you! I thought for a while that somebody ought to try that.
    However, it's called Wayland...

I'm aware. Sad that your argument stops at a typo.
Sia.

There was no argument, I was just trying to be funny. And apparently failed. The humour was supposed to be in the fact that you of all people should know if you used the toolkit... never mind.

Best regards,
-Stephan