[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: James Leone <linuxcpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:06:52 -0700

On Aug 18, 2014 6:04 AM, "Sia Lang" <silverlanguage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Back in 2007, in his goodbye letter, Phipps assessed that "we're almost
there". That's seven years ago, and I unfortunately think his assessment
today would be about the same.

Even though I am helplessly underskilled I've decided to see what
"spontaneous generation"of application compilations in pkgsrc might end up
producing. So far 800 so packages but not anything impressive yet. I know I
have some Star Trek fonts and a few text browsers.

You might call my effort a failure. Say I'm pathetic. I could have watched
TV. I can live with that. Because I'm going to make it to the promised
land.

These guys have done fantastic and I think with a few minor decision
changes this operating system would be much further along.