[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:50:20 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Beyond that the zoom button should never go full screen. I changed
> WebPositive so it no longer went full screen when the zoom button was
> pressed.

I think we should also distinguish between "full screen" meaning still
showing all the window decorations etc... and "full screen" meaning
showing ONLY the content, without window decorations etc.

These two modes are distinctly different to me. For instance you can
maximize a browser, and still have access to all its controls etc...
and you can truly full screen it (in windows for example) by hitting
F11, which hides everything else except the actual web page.

The same for things like VLC, terminal apps, etc... they have a
maximized mode, and a true "full screen" mode. The true "full screen"
mode is never accessed by titlebar controls, but by hot keys or menu
entries... or for instance by double clicking on the video itself in
the video player...

These might not be ideal... but they are the general paradigm I most
often run into... distinguishing between a "maximized" state and a
"true full screen" state.

--
猿も木から落ちる