[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:44:01 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is that you're using a single button to accomplish
> multiple different results. So a user is never sure what the button is
> actually going to do... which is bad design.

I think maybe we should borrow from other systems and add a full
screen button to the window decorator (if the given window indicates
support for going fullscreen in its window flags.) Or just make full
screen mode consistent among the various apps. Though I do think it is
currently pretty consistent, generally going full screen on Cmd-Enter.

Also the zoom button maximizing in some cases can make sense. I think
it makes sense for the Terminal and for WebPositive.

Beyond that the zoom button should never go full screen. I changed
WebPositive so it no longer went full screen when the zoom button was
pressed.

I also have some experimental changes to ShowImage to make its use of
zoom better (zooming to the size of the image.) In general if we have
applications which aren't working correctly with the zoom button we
should change those applications.

--
Regards,
Ryan