[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:59:24 -0500

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Przemysław Pintal
<premislaus1988@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The first things what I do after installing Haiku:
>
> Enabling of navigation in a single window (and show navigator).
> In Deskbar Preferences - show application expander, expand new applications,
> also change the icon size.
> In Time - display time with seconds, display day of week.
> Disabling virtual memory.

I do the same things aside from the virtual memory one. What is the
benefit of that one?

> In general, the Haiku GUI is very good and S&T is a really great feature. I
> do not see these problems.

I think Ryan pegged it on my other email where he said that most of my
anger about Stack&Tile is because of the threat I see it posing to
fixing the problems with the Deskbar etc, and not so much with
Stack&Tile itself.

I think S&T is a neat feature. I just don't see it as a (singular)
solution to the bigger problems I see the UI facing currently.

--
猿も木から落ちる