[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:52:12 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thus it does appear to be solely up to the application to choose what
> it feels like doing with the zoom button. It's open to interpretation,
> and thus to the user not knowing if the app is going to actually go
> full screen like they wanted, or shrink down to a tiny window that
> displays the bare minimum view to show all the content.

Let's define some terms here to reduce confusion. For me what you are
describing above is "maximized", not full screen. For me full screen
is when the window completely takes over the screen and there is no
visible window decorator or borders. I think the zoom button should
never make a window full screen.

Beyond that I think it should be up the application. I think we can
all agree that in spatial mode it makes sense for Tracker windows to
just be as big as they need to be to show the content of the folder.
So the way zoom works in that case is good. I think this also makes
sense for ShowImage (though as I said it does not yet work this way.)
MediaPlayer's zoom should make a video window just big enough to show
the video at its native resolution (I'm not sure if it works this way
at the moment, I suspect so.) All this is separate from being able to
go full screen.

--
Regards,
Ryan