[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 16:48:29 +0200

Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> === Checkout on Haiku ===

Thanks for all the tests! Judging from the syntax alone I would prefer
hg :-)
Does all those commands work on Haiku as well?

I don't find the complete checkout times that important, how does
rebasing the local repository to a more recent revision look like?
How fast is switching between branches?
How fast is creating a new branch?
How fast is merging a branch?

And finally, does hg support updating the local repository without
(temporarily) throw away my local changes?
As far as I understand, that takes 3-4 commands with git which I find
very annoying (git stash, git rebase, git stash apply[, git stash
clear]) -- or is that only relevant when working with SVN as a source
repository?

Bye,
   Axel.