[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 18:23:43 +0100

Also I would be curious why so many people prefer Mercurial. My vote
is pretty much just laziness: I know Git. From what I've seen
Mercurial is pretty similar so I'm not going to be too upset if it
wins the vote. But I'm curious if the votes are more like mine (people
just already know Mercurial) or if there was a definite preference for
Mercurial after using both. If the latter, why?

It looks similar to svn in the commands it use ; also, I know it's used by Google Code project hosting, which I use for other projects. If it works well for Haiku, I know I can switch them to use it too.
--
Adrien.