[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 18:27:52 +0200

On Wed, 4 May 2011 08:47:49 -0700 scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For git you can run:
> haikuporter --test git-1.7.3.5 (well this won't work until this build
> is fixed, see http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/523#ticket )

I could have sworn I commented on this issue before. My guess is that the
configure script doesn't find Haiku's inet_ntop(), causing it to build git's
fallback version which doesn't have a POSIX compliant prototype and thus
clashes with the one in Haiku's <arpa/inet.h>. So, two problems here: 1.
Incorrect prototype in compat/inet_ntop.c and 2. Haiku's inet_ntop() not being
found. The latter is likely caused by configure not even looking for Haiku's
libnetwork. The former could be reported upstream.

CU, Ingo