[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:12:05 -0700

>> For git you can run:
>> haikuporter --test git-1.7.3.5 (well this won't work until this build
>> is fixed, see http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/523#ticket )
>
> I could have sworn I commented on this issue before. My guess is that the
configure script doesn't find Haiku's inet_ntop(), causing it to build git's
fallback version which doesn't have a POSIX compliant prototype and thus
clashes with the one in Haiku's <arpa/inet.h>. So, two problems here: 1.
Incorrect prototype in compat/inet_ntop.c and 2. Haiku's inet_ntop() not
being found. The latter is likely caused by configure not even looking for
Haiku's libnetwork. The former could be reported upstream.

> CU, Ingo

I've added your comment to the ticket so it doesn't get lost (again?). I'll
try to take a look at it in the next week or two, but if someone beats me to
it, then I'm ok with that as well.

-scottmc