[haiku-development] Re: AboutSystem window credits (was: Testing the poll)

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:51:01 +0200

Hi,

"Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * The list of developers has 100+ names. I don't think that's
> anybody's idea of concise.

I agree with your other points, but I simply can't understand the problem with
the list being long. It's a scroll view, not a scrolling movie credit you have
to wait for if you want to behave well in a cinema. :-) I just don't see the
benefit of the list being short. That's the one place in Haiku were the credits
are shown. Why would you want to thin the list? If your name belongs in the
credits, you just want it in there and be proud. If your name does not belong
in the credits, why would you want to look at the list but only when it's
short? I agree it may be useful to make top contributors stand out, just to be
able to know who was most influencial - or who is most likely to blame for an
annoying bug... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan