[haiku-development] Re: AboutSystem window credits (was: Testing the poll)

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:18:23 +0200 CEST

"Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +1. Alternatively, what we could also do is
> something along the lines of what Be did, which
> is to say hide the credits as an easter egg so
> they don't take up UI space unless actually
> summoned, so to speak.

I think UI space is primarily relevant in applications which are meant
to be -used-. AboutSystem is meant to just "be there". In perfect
theory it would be opened once and never looked at again.

(Which is why I´ve always questioned its prominent entry in the Deskbar
menu. Why not put it on the desktop and let people throw it away if
they don´t find it useful.)

But anyway, I suppose an HTML document would be better suited than the
current textview in AboutSystem. Could be a link on the desktop to a
document somewhere in /boot/common.

/Jonas.