[haiku-development] Re: AboutSystem window credits (was: Testing the poll)

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:20:27 +0200

Jorge Mare wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Jorge Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2) Length of the Developers and Contributors lists
I think there is a definite difference between a "contributor" and a
developer, so I don't like the idea of putting them on the same list
(though I don't know if you are proposing that.) I think the
developers with commit access who are reasonably active should have
some precedence in these lists.

I think that's an arrogant position. There are non-developers that
have contributed substantially to the project, more than many
developers. Why should they be considered less a priori?
Hi, Jorge,
I think you're taking it the wrong way, what he means is that putting everyone in the contributor list isn't really more fair (if thats what you meant). I totally agree with what you're trying to fix. The main technical problem imho is that there are two notions intermixed, the role you have (dev, tester, web, PR etc...) and how invested/recognised you are in the project. IMO, no dev is trying to diminish the importance of non dev roles, what you want just needs some work to define the rules and make it right :-)

Regards,
Alex