[gps-talkusers] Re: A Concerned Sense Nav Customer

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:13:04 -0400

Underwhelming to me, frankly. I see the cost advantages, but most netbooks are going to be slower with Windows involved and an under-performning processor. Battery life will be an issue, its not as long as a notetaker. You'll need a dedicated USB receiver or a blue-tooth dongle, not very many of the netbooks have blue-tooth that I'm aware of. Boot-up times will be longer than with a notetaker, although a solid-state drive would reduce that but at a couple hundred dollar price increase. And, a netbook will still be heavier and bulkier than a notetaker.

Now, an app for the Android or Apple IPhone such as MobileGeo, I think we'd be talking. Problem is, they all cost lots to develop for a pretty small market.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith (mteye)" <mteye@xxxxxxxxxxx>