[gmpi] Re: R: Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:58:06 -0800 (PST)

> anyone interested (host, GUI, the plugin itself, etc.) can install
> property listeners and parameter listeners.  Then anyone can also post

In general I really like listener interfaces.  It's not exactly efficient
wrt function calls per event, though.  One of the problems with
talking about this right now is that it is all conjecture as to whether
'inefficient' matters yet, or what it means.

Assuming we have CPU to spare (I do, most new DAWs do) I like a clean
listener interface.  Less work for the host to shuttle events around, and it
only affects entities which care with no cost to others.