[gmpi] Re: R: Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: Bill Gardner <billg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:48:32 -0500

YES, I like this a lot!

Bill

At 04:42 PM 3/28/03 -0500, you wrote:

Agreed. As far as possible, every change in plugin state that can happen
during graph run (as opposed to things that set the plug up for graph run
and can only be changed while the graph is stopped, e.g. format
negotiations) should be on the event stream.

HOWEVER, each event type should have an associated _READ-ONLY_ interface
that can be called at any time to ascertain useful information about the
events and the plug (param names, values and ranges, human-readable /
musical values, preset/patch names, other info. about the current state).

Regards,
        Angus.

  Angus F. Hewlett, Technical Director
  FXpansion Audio UK Ltd  -  http://www.fxpansion.com