[gmpi] Re: R: Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:57:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Paul Davis wrote:

> >In my centralized view, this could only happen if the host provides an
> >interface for a plug to control the transport.

> exactly. that's what we're discussing.

If we're going to do this at all, it should be as part of the graph.
Graph-level pins should always be preferred to direct host interfaces,
except in cases where it makes no sense to do it that way (basic host
services such as memory allocation, file i/o, and proprietary channels
where it doesn't make sense to have filters, such as the GUI i/o port on
the filter object).

Regards,
        Angus.