[gmpi] Re: R: Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: "Laurent de Soras [Ohm Force]" <laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:08:02 +0200

Marc Poirier wrote:

Then the event doesn't really get passed (and therefore listeners like GUI elements don't get updated) until rendering begins again. This can cause unwanted unresponsiveness for some types of events. At least that's how it seems to me, but I might be missing something with this approach...

Absolutely, I had the same problem while designing PTAF some times ago. I chose to add an interface to send asynchronious parameter changes but I'm not happy with it. However I have several ideas for workarounds, keeping only one way to change a given parameter, I will develop them later.

-- Laurent

Laurent de Soras                  |               Ohm Force
DSP developer & Software designer |  Digital Audio Software
mailto:laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx       | http://www.ohmforce.com