[gmpi] Re: R: Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: Marc Poirier <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:27:32 +0200 (CEST)

> So the host has to call this method for every frame for which there exists
> an event?  And the host then needs to interpret and propogate the returned
> list of events and propogate that back to all controllers.  ick.
>
> If we want to explore that route, how about a 1-call per event target per
> timeslice method.

The problem that I see with that is that the plugin needs to be rendering
in order to get any events.  What if rendering is currently stopped, but
the user for example triggers a change-preset event?  Then the event
doesn't really get passed (and therefore listeners like GUI elements don't
get updated) until rendering begins again.  This can cause unwanted
unresponsiveness for some types of events.  At least that's how it seems
to me, but I might be missing something with this approach...

Marc