[gmpi] Re: Out-of-Band: suggestion for rethink

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:23:42 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 9:10 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Out-of-Band: suggestion for rethink

> >I don't think we can review TDM, RTAS or DirectConnect.  They are all
under
> >Digidesign NDA.
>
> i'm sure someone here has seen the NDA. can they comment on whether it
> would prohibit a review of some sort? any sort?

Yes, i did, with many companies (and also with digidesign)

The problem is the limit ! where can you consider that you respect the NDA
or not. And here we don't want to make a lite review for magazine or
customer, but a technical review for programmers, i'm sure that this is not
allowed by the NDA , otherwise why signing a NDA !?

I'm also against to review or use any existing SDK's because this is not the
best way to share the experience of the GMPI people group. To design and
program a base minimal SDK would be the only one way to share really our
different experiences on the different SDK's. And can be a very good base to
go further on the subject , in an independent way and with full control.

Regards
Vincent Burel