[gmpi] Re: Out-of-Band: suggestion for rethink

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:41:56 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 3:33 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Out-of-Band: suggestion for rethink

> I'm sure that people on the list will let me know what you think of
> this idea.

Peronnally i'd go further, i think that talking and talking without real
base (like source code sample or whatever project in progress) is useless.
And by experience, especially when the goal is to design a system-like
architecture (or a library , or whatever components which can be used by
third part), designing it without programming it, takes an infinite time.

For me, the fastest way to resolve the problem here, is to program it right
now. And generally (maybe because i'm a little bit idiot :-) i program it
often 3 times some of my stuff. The first one to understand what are the
different problems, the second one to solve them and finally the third one
to rich a nearly perfect version if requiered.

Opposite to what many people think, in term of production, this method is
faster than most of other one, especially when this is done by people owning
experience and skill. And i think this is the case here. We just need a
little bit organization and some basic rules... Divid the job in several
teams... etc...

Well, it's just a personnal idea...  i've already talked about that with Ron
at the beginning of the year i think... But it was not just for giving an
idea, i could take on my responsabilities if wanted.

Vincent Burel