[gmpi] Re: Out-of-Band: suggestion for rethink

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:02:46 -0400

>So is there any agreement on this change in the working process?  I don't
>want to start on any reviews if we're not actually going to take this new
>direction...

Lets review the proposal.

The task we are engaged in is to define the requirements for GMPI as
the stage before an actual design phase. An agenda was defined prior
to the current phase. Rather than continue this definition by an
open-ended discussion of each point of the agenda, it is proposed to
review any and/or all existing audio/MIDI plugin APIs to provide a set
of reference answers to each question on the agenda. This set of
reference answers will then be combined with the results of the
discussions so far, and this merged information will be the basis of a
more concrete discussion around the requirements. No incomplete
reviews will be used, although additional material in each review is
welcome. There may be more than one review for any particular API. The
review process will stop when either:

     * we have at least 1 review for TDM, VST, MAS, RTAS, CoreAudio,
           DirectX, LADSPA, Rewire, DirectConnect (did I miss any?)

     * the group decides that no more reviews are likely to emerge.

All those in favor, say "aye" :)

--p ("I")