[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.2

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:02:06 +1200

Hi Ron,

>You've also neglected the ugly marketing reasons to allow support 64-bit.

I wasn't saying don't support it.  I was saying: If you must support 64 bit,
support other posiblities as well.

My own opinion is, double precision streams have no technical merits.  I
only want single precision floats, I don't use 24 bit or 64 bit, I was just
trying to be acommodating of your, and other's requirements by suggesting
GMPI support several sample bit depths.

Best Regards,
Jeff