[gmpi] Decision Time: 7.1.2

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:58 -0700 (PDT)

On the assumption that we can live with 7.1.1 for now:

Q 7.1.2: Do we support multiple audio datatypes (e.g. float, double, int)?

  a) Yes.  Each audio port of a plugin has a list of datatypes it can
     accept.  Format is negotiated at connection time.

  b) Yes.  Each audio port of a plugin has a single datatype, which the
     host must ensure is provided.

  c) Yes.  Each plugin has a single datatype for all audio ports, which
     the host must provide, or reject the plugin.  This allows for
     adaptor/wrappers plugins.

  d) Yes.  Similar to C, but more limited.  All plugins are either 32bit
     I/O or 64bit I/O.  Plugins have a plugin-global flag which identifies
     their I/O.  Simple GMPI32<->GMPI64 plugins can be part of the SDK.

  e) No.  Everything uses Float32, for now.

  f) No.  Everything uses Float64, for now.

  g) Other.  Explain.