[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:47:32 -0700

Martijn said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. All I said was that AFAIK there are
verious legal ways of sending (N)RPN commands and it might be useful
to know how they were sent in some cases.

The standard says you can send just LSB, just MSB, or LSB + MSB for the parameter number, and then change the parameter value with either Data Increment,m Data Decrement, or Data Entry -- which is a 14-bit controller, so it can be either MSB or MSB followed by LSB. So yes, a fair amount of variation there, and actually, there is a lot of inconsistency in the whole LSB/MSB reception area in product implementations.

-- Chris G.