[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:08:44 -0400

This is fine with me. I certainly agree with excluding MIDI.

 I just want to re-state that these messages should have better musical
semantics than MIDI.

For example, the NOTE ON message should use a float for the key number
(Pitch) so that pitch bends and microtones can be communicated in this way,
or variant tuning systems.