[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick & Dan

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:05:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have answered you ...If my faith was in man to translate and or preserve the
word of God I could not know!!!!!!... But my faith is in God to do that,
especially since you have yet to establish that he left any instruction
anywhere for someone to take on that role. The scriptures go back to the
earliest time of Christ and his disciples?. If I have no faith in their
"testimony" which is the word used in various scriptures, then I do not nor
cannot Know!?.But if I accept their testimony then I must accept what they
taught.. "Not to think beyond what is written" and again "if we or an angle
from heaven preach any other gospel than that which you have heard let him be
accused, that?s how I know the Mormon Bible is not worth the paper it is
written on. Ironically you avoiding the fact that even the Roman Church does
not deny the scriptures as coming from God?..The very same ones I use.. I can
quote them if you like.. So again I have to ask the question what is your
point??. It is
  not my
 faith in question it is yours and in what or Who!

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I am quoting God?.  Allen.

Yet Allen you have ignored my request to you. How do you know that the men who
translated and transcribed the scriptures into the words you are quoting were
sufficiently qualified to do it correctly.

If you ascribe to them the gift of the Holy Ghost to protect them from error,
are you not giving an even greater power of infallibility to these men, than we
give to the POPE , which is very limited.

You seemed to have missed this question sent previously.  I would appreciate it
being addressed, coupled with a natural follow on. which also was asked before.

How then do you decide which book to follow. Can the Book tell you? Maybe they
all do. The Mormonns say their book does, and their book was given them by
Joseph smith who says an angel guided him to it.

The only way I could trust a Book to be from God, and even then with some doubt
, is to see it fall from the sky in much as the manner of the 10 commandments.
Yet even in this God entrusted Moses , a man with authority to pass it on.