[geocentrism] I am quoting God.. Allen.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:30:01 +1000

I found reason to follow up on this post. "I am quoting God..  Allen."  For
clarification only:

The Church teaches that only the original penned documents were inspired. The
same Gaurrantee does not extend to copies or translations. The church merele
authorises these as being as close to the truth of the originals as possible.
Some control must have to be in place else Tom Dick or Harry can produce as
many spurious editions as they should want. And that has happened, outside of
church control has it not.

It is true that the Church also taught that all of relevation was handed down
to the Apostles by Jesus, and following on by the Paraclete at Pentecost. All
of the Apostles . Not just the evangelists or those writers of sacred
scripture. These Apostles were given the mission to Preach the word, and
Baptise. Not print and distribute books., but to propagate the faith to the
whole world.  Nothing new, no novelty could be added.

This is called Sacred Tradition. Quite distinct from historical tradition or
custom. eg the cult of Mary. These cults or customs are tolerated or encouraged
according as to their worth in promoting and remaining in accord with the
teachings of Sacred Tradition. i.e. The are not contradictory. The promote the
teachings of Jesus Christ and the holy lifestyle. Note carefully here, Nor are
they dogmatic.

For this mission  they had no need of Scripture. That is, whilst it is an
important help to their work, it was/is not absolutely essential to their
mission, the Paraclete being promised to them and their successors. All of them
in unity of the Holy Ghost. They do not come from Scripture. Scripture came
from them. And they authorised it. All of them in council.

The preachers dont preach scripture, Preachers preach the Word handed down to
them, and use Scripture where ever it helps. Which is undoubtedly often.

That is essentially the Church position.

OK so is not this logiccal, considering that before the printing press and in a
world of predominate illiteracy , first Rabbis, and then Bishops (Apostles)
lead the flocks for millenia? A safe System.

Only after the Press, and universal education and imperfect litteracy did we
get the foundation of the chaos we have today, where everyone and his dog
proudly claims a personal right to deal with God directly, or reject Him as he
choses according to his wits in reading or not reading, what is essentially
standing alone a complex text.

I think I have expired all my thoughts on this subject. I am looking forward to
getting involved once again in the intrigue and heresy of modern science.