[geocentrism] Re: Earth and science

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:01:40 -0800

Paul,

If it is the second time that I have had to ask you, then why do you not persist in maintaining arguments like military-style extreme rehearsal and precautions? It is common knowledge that Armstrong made one and only one attempt at flying the thing, no matter how many were shipped to NASA. There simply were not any extensive rehearsals, as you suggested. As for the crash being a "failure in the attitude control motor," that may or may not be the case, but the fact is that Neil (not Neal) Armstrong could not control it on his one and only attempt to do so in a far less hostile and unforgiving environment than being a quarter of a million miles away with no atmosphere. A USAF pilot being willing to take such a risk without the military precaution that you yourself alluded to? Very stupid. Very stupid indeed. Almost totally unbelievable and incredulous, wouldn't you say?

If your house is silent, then perhaps you ought to get out a little. Speak to people. Get to appreciate that the real world is strangely different from the utopia of everyone being nice and truthful that you might imagine, though you clearly only "learn" that which you want to "learn" and which you already believe to be true.

You have to open your eyes, Paul. As Jack did. As I did. Yes, I spent years believing the Apollo claims and teaching them to others.

As for the monitor men, you say, "More particularly, even if they had been so instructed, you give no hint of why this is suspicious or menacing." Actually I do. I am trying to get you to question something. It was you who were making out that so many people could not be misled or dishonest. I was trying to get you to appreciate how easy it is to mislead people, that's all.

"
Or it might just be that the operator was required to make a judgement along with the observation. Computers are still not good at that. Are they not? It's a simple IF-THEN DO statement. As they were all engineers how do you know this? , my guess is that their most important function was to report problems to their section supervisor so that rapid action might be taken when required. No one got up and rushed around, though. Pretty standard stuff really. We could have another look at the "real" footage, but oh I forgot, NASA destroyed it. Along with the plans for the Saturn V. Along with the plans for the lunar lander. Oh well, that's probably standard procedure as well, isn't it?

Finally, you say, "bearing in mind the state of computer technology in the 1960s," yet you will not accept that this technology is also to be believed as getting a craft to the Moon and back, looking after the life support systems, telecommunications systems, navigation, temperature, ... By your own standards and admission, is this not a trifle hard to accept?