[geocentrism] Re: Earth and science

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:46:39 +0000 (GMT)

Marc V
Here is my problem Marc.
HC says that Earth revolves around the Sun at a distance of 149.6 * 10^6 km; at
a velocity of 29.78 km/s; in a CCW direction (looking from the North);
Mars revolves around the Sun at a distance of 227.92 * 10^6 km; at a velocity
of 24.13 km/s; in a CCW direction (looking from the North);
and has a solid thoretical framework to explain why this is so.
The difference is thus -5.65 km/s in velocity and 78.32 * 10^6 km between
concentric, and essentially circular, orbits.
On the other hand, GS says the Earth is stationary;
Mars revolves (effectively) around the Earth in a CW direction (looking from
the North); at distances varying from 78.32 * 10^6 km and 377.52 * 10^6 km; at
velocities varying from (very roughly) 5.71 * 10^3 km/s and 27.53 * 10^3 km/s;
and has no explanation for these assumptions.
In the GS scenario, assuming we take the closest approach for a rendezvous,
Mars is travelling in the opposite direction from that which the planners of
the mission relied upon, at a velocity difference of 5.72 * 10^3 km/s + 5.65
km/s = 5.73 * 10^3 km/s. This is roughly Earth escape velocity -- a large
percentage of the maximum capability of our best launch vehicles -- about 1000
times the velocity difference expected and in the opposite direction! Should
the GS position be the truth, the chances of a successful rendezvous, if the
mission is based on HC data, are zilch, zippo, nil.
Now a significant percentage of missions end in resounding successes, and the
usual GS response seems to be restricted to the simple unsubstantiated
accusation that the HC fraternity is lying. That's just a tad difficult to
swallow. It is also insulting to the hundreds of thousands of capable,
industrious and dedicated people who labour daily to make these events happen.
Paul D