[geocentrism] Re: Earth and science

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 18:09:03 +1000

Your analogy is interesting but I'm left wondering in which direction you would
have the rowboat moving relative to the aether at the various stages of the
rendezvous proceedure.Paul D

Thats where you miss the point.  , and why the analogy is not the best. The
aether is unseen, thus you would be in a boat of a river that is not seen,
hence the rowers would only see their own movements as being their own. This is
why the heliocentric calculations to meet with Mars work, because the reality
is hidden. We are back to the two trains passing each other at 50mph. Making
the connection is relatively the same . whether the trains are actially moving
themselves, or the tracks are moving and carrying one or both of them along.

As regards the aether rotating around the earth, our explorer moving out
towards Pluto would be like Microman on the spindle of a phonograph walking out
to the edge of the record.  If there were no centrifugal force, [and there
isn't if one is synchronised with the aether,]  he would think it was a
straight walk..  all his physical effort would be a straight heliocentric walk,
but if you know about and prove a rotating medium is doing the work, then the
reality is quite different..  a neat trick by God, one might say, to confuse
the unfaithful and proud.

And quite candidly, that is what God is all about. Sorting the sheep out, from
those who would know better.... (He loves the sheep)

This quotation must make them livid. especially coming from that dumb old fairy
tale book.

26 For see your vocation, brethren, that there are not many wise according to
the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble. 27 But the foolish things of the
world hath God chosen, that he may confound the wise: and the weak things of
the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the strong. 28 And the base
things of the world and the things that are contemptible, hath God chosen: and
things that are not, that he might bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his sight. [That the achievements of mans
science will be as nothing,]

What sort of a man does it take Paul, to see the emmense power and logic in
those words, especially today as we see before us a world collapsing and being
destroyed by its own works?

Philip.

Interesting ... Confound is found only twice in the NT. and only 4 times in the
OT specifically on the same theme... Gen 11  Job 19 and  40  Ecc 25.