[gameprogrammer] Re: game engine?

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:15:00 +0100

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 22.04, Ryan Hanlon wrote:
> Kevin Fields wrote:
> >I tried Blender. I rather like the layout of it, but the controls
> > are very not what I'm used to. Hehe...
> >I've done a small amount of modelling in SoftImage, LightWave, and
> > 3DS Max, and Blender's controls are nowhere near like any of the
> > other three. It was weird.
>
> I'm just learning to use Blender myself, and nearly all the
> tutorials I read start with "It was so hard to get used to, but
> once I did, it was much easier to use."  I guess that makes Blender
> the "Dvorak" of modeling/rendering programs.

...though in my experience, Dvorak is very easy to get used to. ;-)

It's using that horrible Qwerty layout I used all those years that is
the hard part. When you've learned Dvorak, it feels like the Qwerty
layout was intentionally designed to be one major PITA to use. (Which
is actually not that far from the truth...)