[gameprogrammer] Re: game engine?

  • From: "Ben Kucenski" <kalvinb602@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:28:42 -0700

http://sourcecode.icarusindie.com:2004/index.php?sortby=title&dir=sourcecode%2Fhalf-life+sdk%2F

The Half-Life SDK has been out for a long time and includes a lot of source
code from the game.  The Half-Life 2 SDK is also out now.  It's not the
entire source but it's enough to complete the assignment.

Same with Quake 3 as I linked to here:

http://sourcecode.icarusindie.com:2004/index.php?sortby=title&dir=sourcecode%2FQuake+3%2F

There are mods for Quake3 which do toonshading and other display
modifications.

http://www.adinfo.qc.ca/alex/toonshading.php

If you want to argue I suggest visiting posted links first.  The entire
Quake 3 source will be released eventually.  Id is giving companies more
time to recoup licensing costs before GPLing it.  There's certainly enough
available now to complete the assignment.

Ben Kucenski
www.icarusindie.com